Our Endocrinology Department deals with endocrine and metabolic conditions and diseases, including diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome, thyroid disease, obesity and lipids, growth hormone deficiencies, pituitary tumors and adrenal insufficiency, and bone disorders including osteoporosis. The Department of Endocrinology treats disorders of the vital organs. It tends to affect the eyes, kidneys, blood vessels, heart and the nervous system. Our Doctors are careful to evaluate the relationship between nutrition and human disease in an attempt to improve and maintain a patient's health and this is done with a holistic approach. A patient with a chronic illness is treated with the inputs from all relevant specialties like Nephrology, Neurology, Pathology, Ophthalmology, General Surgery, Dietetics and Gynaecology etc.
The department offers the following medical services:
- Full evaluation and consultation for Diabetes Patients
- Treatment for Type 1 and 2 Diabetes
- Management and treatment of Paediatric related diabetes
- Diagnosis of Diabetes Retinopathy and Neuropathy
- Insulin Management techniques
- Diet and Exercise Plans