Dr. Urmil Verma | Gynecology & Obstetrics
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist
Dr. Urmil Verma has more than four decades of experience in Obstetrics and Gynaecology. She started serving the UAE from the UK since August 1981 as consultant and department head, bringing in her experiences to modernize UAE facilities as well as improve medical care on par with international standards. She has pioneered many services in the country for the last 26 years, introducing new technologies especially in the field of endoscopy, diagnostics and operative service at the hospitals she has worked within the country. Since the advent of mobile technology, she has made her mobile number accessible to patients, giving them the liberty to call her at any time of the day or night, whether she is in or out of the country.
Dr. Verma earned her MBBS degree in 1967 from Lady Hardinge Medical College and Hospital, Delhi, India, one of the most prestigious and the oldest medical institution in India. Prior to coming to the UAE, she spent 11 years in the UK where she was both a member (1974) and a fellow (1987) at the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of London. Since then, she has been consistently attending training across the world particularly on attending complicated pregnancies.
- Anti-Aging medicine and the use of Bio-identical hormones
- Management of Age-Related disorders and lifestyle diseases
- Management of Menorrhagia with Endometrial Ablation (Novasure) as an alternative to Hysterectomy
- Menorrhagia & Infertility problems including Polycystic Ovarian Disease/ Syndrome (PCO/PCOS/PCOD), Endocrinology Disorders, Reproductive Awareness, Counselling for Sexually Acquired Infections and all other sexual health problems.
- Ovarian Cysts, Ectopic Pregnancies, Tubal Ligation, Endometriosis, Fibroids,
- IUCD Insertion (including Mirena)
- Complicated Pregnancies, deliveries and post-delivery complications