Dr. Luay Sheet | Neurology
A Specialist Neurologist at Prime Specialist Medical Center, Dr. Luay Sheet brings with him more than 24 years of experience in the field of medicine and surgery. His areas of expertise include diagnosis and management of stroke; epilepsy and headaches; neurodegenerative diseases such as Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis, motor neuron diseases (MND), and spinal muscular atrophy (SMA); and dementia, sleep disorder, and memory disturbances, among others. Dr. Sheet has handled various emergency and non-emergency neurological cases during his long career.
Prior to joining Prime Specialist Medical Center, Dr. Luay was with the Central Private Hospital in Sharjah for over eight years. In the past, he has worked in Baghdad’s Ibn Sina Teaching Hospital in Baghdad and Iraqi Board for Medical Specialization Neurology, both in Iraq. Dr. Luay has completed his MBBS from College of Medicine at the University of Mosul, Iraq in 1992 and Fellow of Iraqi Commission for Medical Specializations (FICMS) in Neurology in 2005.
- Diagnosis and Management Stroke
- All type of Headaches
- Dementias, memory disturbance and other Neurodegenerative diseases
- Parkinsons disease.
- Sleep disorders and related diseases
- MS Multiple sclerosis.
- Spinal cord disorders, motor neuron disorders
- Nech and Back pains and related diseases
- Muscle Disorders
- Neuromuscular DisordersI(myasthenia gravis)
- Different types of neuropathies
- Movement disorders
- Neurophysiology, EEG, EMG - N.C. S.