Dr. Adel Al Sisi | I.C.U
Consultant – Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Adel Mohamed Yasin Al Sisi specializes in critical care and emergency medicine with over 16 years of experience in dealing with acutely ill patients. He is also ICU Consultant and Lecturer at the Cairo University Hospital’s Critical Care Department. In addition, he is an American Heart Association (AHA)-certified Instructor for Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) as well as an American College of Surgeon (ACS)-certified Instructor for Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) and Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS).
Dr. Al Sisi graduated from Cairo University’s Faculty of Medicine and completed his Master’s Degree in Critical Care Medicine. He holds a Ph.D. in Critical Care Medicine and presented a thesis on ‘Gastric Mucosal Changes in Critically-Ill Patients and Plasma DNA Concentration as an Early Predictor Factor for Their Clinical Outcome.’ In addition, Dr. Al Sisi has completed an AHA-certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course; Sequential Trauma Education Programs (STEPs) from the University of Maryland and Ains Shams University, Egypt; and an Aeromedical Evacuation Course under the Egyptian College of Critical Care Physicians (ECCP).
- Endotracheal and Nasotracheal intubation.
- Insertion of Central Venous and Arterial access
- Good experience in the use of mechanical ventilation.
- Good experience in the use of DC electrical shocks either in Advanced Cardiac Life Support or in the management of tachyarrhythmias.
- Tapping of pleural effusion- Paracentesis.