Dr. Diljeet Kaur Gahir | Ophthalmology
Dr. Diljeet was awarded the Diplomate of National Board in Ophthalmology from world renowned Aravind Eye Care System- Madurai, India. She pursued Fellowship in Cataract and Advanced Phacoemulsification at Shankara Nethralaya - Chennai. After completing her long-term Fellowship in Cornea and Refractive Surgery from Dr. Agarwal’s Eye Hospital, Chennai- India; she further underwent training at Moorfield’s Eye Hospital- UK.
With a vast clinical and surgical experience of 12 years exclusively in the field of Ophthalmology, she was Consultant and Department Head, Cataract, Cornea and Refractive Surgery at the leading eye care system at Dr. Agarwal’s Healthcare Ltd – Hyderabad India.
Dr Diljeet is well experienced in Glued IOL with anterior Vitrectomy for Aphakia correction, Correction of lid deformities – Ectropion, Entropion, Symblepharon , Ptosis correction (drooping of eyelids).She has performed more than 2000 Refractive procedures for removal of glasses including Lasik (With blade and blade free), ReSmile, PRK, PTK, ICL (Implantable contact lenses), C3R, Keratoconus management.
Fluent in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil and Urdu.
- Laser refractive cataract surgery
- Micro incision cataract surgery (Phacoemulsification)
- Multifocal & Toric Intraocular Lens Implantation
- Pterygium surgery with Limbal stem cell transplantation
- Treatment of watering eyes- Dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR)
- Treatment of Dry eye syndrome- Punctal plugs
- Management of Diabetic Retinopathy
- Intravitreal injections- Ozurdex, Lucentis, Iluvien, Eylea.
- Glaucoma management- Trabeculectomy / Express shunts.