Dr. Salam Al Taleb | Gynecology & Obstetrics
Specialist Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Graduating from Damascus medical college in Syria, Dr. Salam earned her MBBS (Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in surgery). She was ranked first among other graduates with a degree of excellence and was gifted a scholarship to become a member in the teaching staff.
She completed her specialization in Damascus Maternity Hospital, which is the central, academic, busiest and largest hospital in the country, and earned her master's degree researching in high-risk pregnancies management. Then she had a fellowship authorized by the Syrian Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology and became a member in Syrian Society of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
After that, she was qualified by the ABHS (Arab Board of Health Specialization) as a specialist in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Continuing her medical practice, Dr. Salam joined two of the largest and tertiary private hospitals in Damascus. During that time, she also worked with SFPA, Family Planning Association, which is the leading agency promoting awareness of women's health, with which she attended several specialized courses and presented several audits. Her special interest is in aesthetic gynecology and in vaginal and perineal reconstructive surgeries.
- Prenatal, antenatal, and postnatal care for uncomplicated and high-risk pregnancies
- performing obstetrics and gynecology ultrasound
- Normal vaginal deliveries and cesarean deliveries
- Menstrual disorder, pre and post-menopausal problems, and cancer screening
- Breast examination, and management of breast disorders
- Family planning and contraception
- Infertility workup
- Adolescent gynecology
- -Diagnosis and Management of polycystic ovarian syndrome "PCOS"
- Major and minor gynecologic procedures, including hysterectomies, myomectomies, colporrhaphy, D&C, and colposcopy