Dr. Arshad Altaf | Pulmonology
Specialist Pulmonologist / Respiratory Medicine
Dr. Arshad Altaf completed his MBBS and MD in Pulmonary Medicine/Chest disease and Tuberculosis at the prestigious Aligarh Muslim University, India in 2006. He was trained in Interventional Pulmonology at Ospedali Riuniti, Ancona, Italy. He was also awarded a fellowship from the American College of Chest Physicians. Dr. Arshad has received the HERMES Diplomate title after passing the European Diplomate exam in respiratory medicine conducted by the European Respiratory Society (ERS) in association with the European Board for Accreditation in Pneumology (EBAP) in Paris, France. He was also a recipient of MRCP (SCE Resp Med, UK) Specialist Certificate in respiratory medicine from the Royal College of Physicians, UK.
Dr. Arshad has an extensive experience of over 12 years in the field of pulmonology and sleep medicine. He has been working as a Faculty Member and Consultant in Pulmonology in various medical schools and tertiary care hospitals in India. Prior to joining Prime, he was a Consultant Pulmonologist and Assistant Professor at King Khalid University & Hospital, Saudi Arabia. Dr. Altaf has been active in research, publishing his works in multiple national and international journals. Dr. Arshad has presented his scientific papers in various conferences. He is a member of professional organizations, including the European Respiratory Society, Indian Association of Bronchology, Indian Association of Allergy & Applied Immunology, and NCCP, to name a few.
- Airway allergies, including allergic rhinitis and asthma, pulmonary eosinophilia, allergy testing and allergen immunotherapy.
- Smoking-associated airway diseases such as COPD/bronchitis/emphysema.
- Smoking cessation protocols.
- Sleep and snoring-related diseases, including obstructive sleep apnea syndrome.
- Treatment of all respiratory infections, including influenza, pneumonias, bronchiectasis, lung abscess, pleural diseases, and lung cancer.
- Interstitial lung diseases and pulmonary hypertension.
- Pulmonary function testing, including diffusion studies and lung volumes.
- Pulmonary rehabilitation program.
- Bronchoscopy procedures.
- Management of occupation-related respiratory and lung diseases.